#yahtzee #familynight http://ift.tt/2dHHLPe
Waiting for the take out Chinese we’re having as a belated birthday treat for @iamlrp as she was busy dancing last night #takeout #familynight #birthdaytreat http://ift.tt/2dnOrBj
I post a lot of photos (via Instagram) on here showing my home baking exploits. I don’t profess to be an expert but I thought it was time I started sharing some of these recipes. So here’s the first one.
These bars are great for kids lunch boxes or a quick snack. Yes, they contains sugar, and as with most foods you eat them as part of a balanced diet.
100g cups Rice Krispies
125 g peanut butter (ideally crunchy with no added sugar)
100g milk chocolate (optional)
50g sultana or raisins (optional)
½ tsp salt
½ tsp vanilla extract (optional)
1) Line a 8×8 inch backing tin with grease-proof paper (*tip: grease the tin first then the paper stick in nicely)
2) Heat the honey and peanut butter in a pan over a moderate heat until they have combined and slightly bubbling
3) Stir in the Rice Krispies. Be gentle and you really don’t want to pound them into a dust! If using the dried fruit add that now and continue to mix.
4) Once the Rice Krispies (and dried fruit if using) have combined with the honey and peanut butter mixture transfer them to the pre-prepared baking tin. Using a spatula, gently press the mixture into the corners and firm it down.
5) If topping with chocolate melt this in a microwave proof bowl for 90 seconds and spread over the top of the firms down mixture in the tin.
6) Allow the tine to cool for 15 minutes then transfer to the fridge for around an hour before removing from the tray and slicing. This method produces 12 good sized bars.
This is a special episode of the vlog. It’s Lydia’s 13th birthday this week and here’s a photo montage of her first 13 years ————————————————————- Follow me on social media: http://ift.tt/2aKpqOs http://twitter.com/yorksparents http://ift.tt/2aCLesq Website: http://ift.tt/2awxWnk ————————————————————- Music: Malmo Sunrise by The 126ers (downloaded from YouTube audio library). by The Yorkshire Dad
She’s 13!!!! We aren’t old enough to have a teenager, are we? #13thbirthday #13yearsold http://ift.tt/2drRpGr
Not content with the rice Krispy squares that I made with Verity I just knocked up some more flapjack. This recipe seems to work very well. #homebaking #flapjack http://ift.tt/2dAtOSY
And here are the honey & peanut butter rice crispy squares with chocolate #homebaking #cooking #cookingwithkids http://ift.tt/2dptnIa
I have in and allowed a ton layer of chocolate on top #homebaking #cooking #cookingwithkids http://ift.tt/2cz9k8j
Verity is very happy with her mixing making making honey & peanut butter rice crispy squares #homebaking #cooking #cookingwithkids http://ift.tt/2d0YMSs